Sunday, February 15, 2009

Moms and over 40


Today, while I was making beef soup and stew to pack in my son's lunch for the coming week or so I had time to contemplate life.
We rush around so much to make the money, make something of ourselves, smart, glamorous successful and then when tough times coming falling around our heads we feel like we have failed.
Making the lunches had me thinking how terrific my life is, grateful to have my son and the ability in this crazy world to save grocery money by making these things homemade. The lunches will have extra love in them- even if they are simple comfort peasant fare.
Life does show us what is important and today I am filled with the most love and sense of accomplishment that I have felt in years
Next week it will hamburger soup, hamburger stew and maybe a meatloaf!
Simple food filled with love and of all the titles I have held- Mom is the best!

No comments: