Thursday, March 12, 2009

ahhhh- kids!

Gosh, I am not the most buttery of women or mothers.
Those of you that know me- know that many folks find me distant- and cold- then the ones that actually know me- think of me as quirky-- (I like that better). The folks that truly know me- know that I am actually a complete marshmallow when it comes to the people I love... my pets.. my son-- and some of my great friends.
My son has given me the run of my life- starting as 10 pounds 11 ounces baby and growing into a child with ADHD (attention deficient -hyper-activity disorder)...then to those lovely teenage years, drugs and all-- then the famous brain injury.
Well, after almost going bankrupt to get this kid on track- I feel so 'fluffed up today.....
I am attaching an essay he has done (his name deleted for the web)....
Yup- surviving the trials and tribulations of life, marriage, death, injury, work--- and seeing the light at the other end of the tunnel does make it all worth-while.
My ramblings- many of you are going through rough times- I have aload of experience in rough times- get up every day- put on your rose coloured glasses - put one foot in front of the other and carry on.
At night crawl into bed and thank the universe this day is over (bless the day if it was a good one) and know that tomorrow has the opportunity to be better than this last day.
Do that every day and you will be able to get through whatever challenge you are facing-- also as I heard a friend say "when you are going through hell don't stop"

No comments: