Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New poverty chic

Poverty chic---
aha- finally something I have the opportunity to be on the leading edge of.
How to get around looking chic on a penny- and an old one at that!
Things have already been lightened up for me so much- for so long I would watch the huge houses, the clothes, the cars, the vacations and wonder where do these people get all their money?
Yes, indeed the last few years have been like getting my doctorate in life- (poor and way too much learning curve) but it appears my doctorate in life may serve me well now.
I have long given up judging folks by their money, possessions, even their education and instead have a great admiration for those that have been mired in struggles.
It would seem now that the graciousness of kindness, creativity, hard work, surviving with grace under pressure and new-found poverty may make the masses a much kinder, gentler and even tempered lot once they too realize-- we are not what we own but who we are that makes us special in our own ways.
Poverty can actually increase our sense of self- open new doors to find our own values and inner - harmony - and those open doors can let out the negativity of ego based ideals

No comments: